If you are missing your take out food during quarantine time, here is a new recipe and it is super fast to make and is really tasty.
This dish is more on a sweet side with savory eggplant and toasted cashews. It will only take 35 minutes to prepare a delicious meal for an entire family!
1 lb raw medium shrimps
5-7 baby portabello mushrooms, quartered
1/2 cup cashews
5 green onions, sliced
1 small eggplant, cut in medium pieces
5-7 garlic cloves, minced, and divided in two parts.
dash of salt
3 tbsp olive oil, 1tbsp for shrimps, and 2 tbsp for frying
3 tbsp soy sauce
3 tbsp oyster ot hoisin sauce
2 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp white vinegar
1 tbsp sesame oil
1 tsp red pepper flakes
2 tbsp cornstarch
1. For the sauce mix everything and set aside
2. Mix shrimps with olive oil, half of prepared garlic and dash of salt, and let it sit for 15 minutes.
3. When ready to cook, heat oil in skillet or wok and add eggplant with green onions. Cook for about 5 minutes on medium-high heat till eggplant starts to brown. Set aside on a clean
4. To now clean wok, add cashews, mushrooms , and another half of prepared garlic, toss it for 2 minutes and add shrimps.
5. Cook till shrimps turn pink.
6. Add sauce and mix everything well.
7. At the end add eggplant back to the woke and gently mix everything again.
Serve on warm rice and top with fresh green onions